What is a discipling culture?
We were created to reflect the life, character, and mission of Jesus. To have compassion like he had compassion. To heal like he healed. To love, care, and speak with authority into peoples’ lives like he did. But how in the world are we supposed to move in that direction? How do we move from an hour or two on Sunday mornings to radical personal life change day to day and leading others to do the same?
At The Gate, we are all in for creating a discipling culture. It’s our way of resourcing people (aka potential disciples) in order to lead them into a growing relationship with Jesus and bring Him into every part of their life: into their homes, marriages, neighborhoods, places of work, and places of play. So from worship to Bible studies throughout the week to Huddles; everywhere we go, we are embodying the eternal and living God. With the help of the Holy Spirit we believe that discipleship is the engine that drives the mission of the church, i.e. to seek and to save the lost.
Currently at The Gate our opportunities for discipleship include:
- Women's Bible Study that meets at 7pm on Thursday nights
- Men's Bible Study that meets on Satruday mornings at 7am
- High School Youth Group that meets on the 1st and 3rd Sundays at 5:30pm
- Junior High Youth Group that meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at 5:30pm
- D6 Kids Midweek Ministry that meets every Wedensday from 4-5:30pm
- Huddles meet at various times. These groups consist of 2-4 individuals for life on life discipleship, encouragement and accountablitiy